WPOA Monthly Board Meeting
Minutes: August 17, 2016, 7 pm
WPOA Office 501 Old Kyle Road, Suite 102
Attendees: Baumgarten, Jones, Ray, Redus, Scudder, Sweeton
Absent: Bromberg and Lowry
Meeting called to order by President Sweeton at 7:03, and led the Pledge of Allegiance to Flag.
Announcements: Public Comments (3 minutes max per person) Questions, comments may be moved all or in part to end of session.
Sweeton asked for approval of Agenda. Approved.
Redus presented July 20 Minutes. Minutes were approved as printed with motion by Ray; 2nd by Welsh.
President Report (Sweeton) Welcomed guests. No new update.
DuAnne presented Dark Sky Initiative for Wimberley to become a ‘dark sky’ area. Chamber of Commerce and special committee are leading the application process. Guests were enthusiastic.
Motion by Baumgarten for WPOA Board to support the initiative even though we have no enforcement authority. We will publicize and encourage neighborhood to be thoughtful about their outside lighting.
Motion 2nded by Sweeton. Motion passed.
Katresa Ray led short discussion about Heavy Trash Day Options. Specifically is it possible and a good idea to time the day close to Neighborhood Garage Day? She will gather more info for next meeting.
Treasurer Report (Ray) She reported that she moved $25,000 from savings into checking account to cover park and road expenses.
- Committee Reports:
- Road Committee (Scudder) Chris Scudder reported that roadwork has been accomplished in Section 8; bridge repaired on E Valley Spring, roadwork on Golf Crest and Redwood. Paving is coming from county. Goal is to turn over as many roads as possible to County. The process is that County will come in and bid on cost of upgrading a road. When completed will become responsibility of the County. Roads must be contiguous to main roads in and out of our area.
- ACC Report (Jones) Emory reported 39 permit approvals in June including a pool, fences and a greenhouse. Permits for 22 new homes. ACC meetings are held on Wednesdays. He said total build out of this area will end up ultimately with 2000 homes at full growth.
- Parks Report (Jones)
- Newsletter/Website (Baumgarten) Wayne asked for feedback and info for newsletter. He also reported that Time-Warner Cable in in construction stage along 2325 by front entrance.
- No Executive Session.
- Adjournment at 8:08 pm
DuAnne Redus, Secretary for the Board
Latest posts by Wayne Baumgarten (see all)
- Paypal Is Working On Our Website - June 30, 2017
- WPOA Monthly Board Meeting AGENDA January 18, 2017, 7 pm - January 18, 2017
- Nov 2016 Yard of the Month - November 21, 2016