WOODCREEK PROPERTY OWNERS’ ASSO
QUARTERLY MEETING: August 20, 2016, 10 AM
WIMBERLEY COMMUNITY CENTER
Call to Order (Sweeton) Pledge of Allegiance to Flag
Announcements: Public Comments (3 minutes max per person) Questions, comments may be moved all or in part to end of session.
Various questions, comments and kudos addressed by homeowners.
Approval of Agenda (Redus) Motion by Lowry, 2nd Welsh to approve agenda. Passed
Discussion and possible action to approve minutes of April 30, 2016. (Redus) Motion by Ray, 2nd Jones. Minutes approved as presented.
President Report (Sweeton) – Thanked attendees and mentioned some of the year’s accomplishments in the neighborhood. Announced we will have 3 open board positions open for election at end of year. DuAnne Redus will chair nominations committee. Sweeton mentioned Sat., Sept 24th, County Commissioner Will Conley and the Sheriff will meet with homeowners to discuss proposed transportation bond. Time and place to be announced soon.
Discussion about Dark Skies Initiative (Redus) Overview of obtaining national designation for the valley. Read the Board Resolution to encourage our homeowners to participate in lowering light pollution.
- Treasurer Report (Ray): presented financial overview.
- Committee Reports:
- Road Committee (Scudder) – Will take note of various stop signs, etc. that are obscured by foliage.
- ACC Report (Jones)- Mentioned complaints about boats, RVs and campers that are violations of Deed Restrictions.
- Parks Report (Jones) – Morrow Park under renovation with covered gazebos to be installed; youth swing, areas for games such as GaGa ball, horseshoes, tether ball, bacci ball, etc. Fence along street-side boundary of dog park to be installed. National Night Out will be Tues., Oct 4th at Morrow Park.
- Newsletter/Website (Baumgarten) – Will make list of events more findable on website; will introduce Dark Skies Initiative; will mention importance of grooming lots, etc.
- Adjournment: Debbie Baumgarten motioned, Ray 2nd to adjourn meeting. Meeting adjourned at 11:10 am.
DuAnne Redus, Secretary